IsraelExperts 10-day Alternative Breaks
Do you want to contribute to Israel while you’re on winter vacation? Join an IsraelExperts Alternative Break and you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE! This short volunteering experience will introduce you to an Israel you’ve never before known.
Volunteer together with Israeli Arabs in their home town of Kfar Kara. And become involved in an exciting ecological project at Kibbutz Ein Shemer.
- Learn first-hand about two important issues facing Israeli society today - coexistence and ecology.
- Build personal bridges of understanding with Jewish and Arab Israelis.
- Volunteer together with young Arab Israeli citizens who are involved in National Service in their own community of Kfar Kara in the center of Israel.
- Volunteer, too, with an exciting ecological project at Kibbutz Ein Shemer
- In addition - touring and other volunteering.
Get to know a population you would probably never meet, regardless of how many times you visit Israel! See Israel through new eyes and return home with a deeper understanding of this complex country.
Who should apply: Groups from a university Hillel. If your Hillel hasn't yet organized a group, spearhead the effort!! (Individual undergraduate and graduate university students will be accepted on space-available basis.)
What's included: Half board (two meals a day), accommodations, evening activities, professional supervision and daily processing sessions on volunteering days.
Cost: Land only – $1000 for 10-day program
Program Dates: December 21- January 1.
(Programs from specific campuses can be scheduled in coordination with the organizing campus Hillel.) If your Hillel has fewer than 25 participants, groups from several Hillels with similar schedules can be combined upon request.
Minimum number of participants: 25.
For questions or to register, please contact Adele Perlov at firstname.lastname@example.org or USA: 1-212-796-4111 ext. 421 or 1-800-218-9851.